Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hoodoo and Extra

Last night I performed a Honey Jar spell with a few extras. Now please bear in mind that what I did was not entirely traditional to Hoodoo, but I don't see why we should not be able to add elements of other magical practices in with our own Workings. I may not be able to call it Hoodoo per se, but it gets the job done, and gets it done well.
 
In the morning I had a chat with Papa Legba about the Honey Jar spell. Apart from some things that he told me to do which were more personal to me, he suggested that I create a quincunx, or artificial crossroads in my room and do the spell work in the middle. It was a simple affair of creating five piles of salt, one on each corner and one in the center, and then I proceeded to call him to open the Gates so that I may enter the Temple. Once that was done I went about creating the petition, adding the necessary elements to it and dusting it with the appropriate powder. I folded the petition paper up and then incorporated a Kabbalistic technique of Directing Spiritual Force. Now this is used mostly to draw Spiritual Force or Ruchaniyut from an inanimate object, however it can be reversed to fill an object with a particular intent. So, I breathed in Avir saturated with the intent of the spell and then projected it out along a series of energetic lines from my body, those being the brow, throat, heart, solar plexus, groin and the hands including the fingers. After three such breaths I could feel the energy build up from the petition paper, stronger than I have ever felt it before. Now I don't tangibly feel energy very often, but this was incredibly strong. It was actually pushing my hands away as the energy was building up and intensifying.
 
Following that I put it inside the honey jar, annointed the candle and stood it on top. Whilst the candle was burning, I repeated the process of Directing Spiritual Force and again, it built to an intensity that was tangibly felt.
 
So, in my opinion, although I may not be able to call what I did Hoodoo, Rootwork or Conjure because it diverted from the traditions of that path, the point is that we perform magic to work, and if what I did works better, then so be it. Amen.

No comments: