Friday, December 30, 2011

Post Abramelin

I completed the Abramelin Working almost a year ago and am only just now realizing where it has left me and taken me, it is not what I was expecting...although I am not complaining. After the Working was complete I spent some time with the seals, giving them a test run as it were. I became rather disillusioned with this process, and am now under the impression that the true seals are either lost, or were a bunch of fooey to begin with. The more I worked with them, the more I came to realise they were irrelevant. Of course many will disagree with me, and they have every right to as we all have different experiences and outcomes, but before I performed the Abramelin Working, I was already heading down the road of realising just how simple Magic really is. As I always said, and kept repeating, everything is energy. Magic, ritual, a spellworking, life itself, brushing your teeth in the morning, all of it is the manipulation of energy from the moment the thought enters your mind, to the realization of the desire to act, to movements that are created through those actions. So what does it all boil down to? Energy, and we don't even need to move to project and form a pattern of energy to cause and effect. But back to my post Abramelin discoveries. So, after some tampering with this, that and the other, now that I had a good connection with my HGA (not that I needed to go through the Abramelim to get to that point, but more in another post), I sat down one day and decided to make a proper plan with my life. At that point I was doing as many things to earn a living as I could think of. Architecture, web design, book publishing, authoring, artwork, you name it, if I had the skill to do it, I was doing it. This may sound like a good idea, but I discovered it wasn't as I was spreading myself so thin between them all, nothing was really getting off the ground. Therefore, I decided to take one discipline and focus solely on that. It worked. I focused on web design and specifically WordPress, and the work started rolling in. I was able to get us back on track. This did however leave me disconnected from everything else. My entire spiritual practice took a backseat as I built myself up, so the question came to mind, if I have just performed and completed the Abramelin Working, why am I not using anything I have learned? I realized the answer to that question a couple weeks back. As Magicians, Magick Workers, Witches, Pagans, whatever you may be, one essential part of being a success in this practice is to be a success in yourself and all other areas of your life. To become a successful Magician, you first need to start at your roots, beginning in the here and now, in Malkuth, this physical world. If this is a mess, then how do you think the rest of your Tree looks? Think about it, everything that is present in this physical reality is first created in Yesod, and then manifests in Malkuth, so if your life is a mess then that would mean that everything above, below and around is a mess because you have created that mess. So, where did my HGA take me first of all on the rollercoaster of realization and awakening? Into my life, my career, my family, and She forced me to create a neat weave in my own Orlog. I have become engrossed in Malkuth for the past six or so months, but now it is time for me to move into Yesod, and so my journey up the fulcrum begins once again as the pendulum swings a little less rapidly now again. It is for this reason that I am back, even though there are a lot of changes that have been made and will be made. Am I the same person? Most definitely not, I am new and improved.

Don't forget to check out the downloads at http://dasmagicum.com

No comments: